The 23rd Annual National Center for AIDS Research Meeting
Chapel Hill, NC, November 5 – 8, 2019
Accommodations for this meeting will be located at the Carolina Inn, a historic hotel located adjacent to campus at 211 Pittsboro St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Facility guide of Carolina Inn (click to enlarge):
The Carolina Inn: Free daytime parking is available for meeting attendees. Please let the parking attendant/valet know that you are part of the “National CFAR meeting group”. Overnight hotel parking (self-parking or valet parking) is available at a rate of $15.00 per night and will be billed to the guest’s room. If the parking lot is full, there is overflow parking at the Nash Parking lot. Directions to the Nash Parking lot are as follows:
The William and Ida Friday Center: Free parking for meeting participants is provided adjacent to the building.
Wireless Internet Information
The Carolina Inn: Free Wifi is available to all guests and meeting attendees. Please select “Carolina Inn” as the Wifi Network. There is no password. This will work in both the guest rooms and the meeting rooms.
The William and Ida Friday Center: Free Wifi is available to all meeting attendees. Please select “UNC Guest” as the Wifi Network. There is no password.
The Carolina Inn: Two gender neutral restrooms are located on the first floor in front of the registration desk (see map above).
The William and Ida Friday Center: Gender neutral restrooms are located on the 2nd floor.
To and from the airport:
- Bus: GoTriangle connects UNC to RDU Airport via connecting routes 100 and 800. Click here for bus schedules.
- Taxi: Please click here for more information.
- Lyft and Uber are also readily available in Chapel Hill.
- Chapel Hill Transit provides free bus services on and off campus. Route information can be found here and on Google Maps.
- Public transit in neighboring cities are not free. See GoDurham, GoRaleigh, and GoTriangle for more information.
Things to do
Events and Entertainment:
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- North Carolina Collection Gallery in Wilson Library
- The Carolina Basketball Museum
- North Carolina Botanical Gardens
- Ackland Art Museum
- Lantern: Asian-influenced fare made with locally-sourced ingredients
- Oakleaf: Locally-sourced New American cuisine in a sophisticated setting
- Il Palio: Four Diamond AAA-ranked Italian, located inside the Siena Hotel
- Mediterranean Deli: Quick, authentic Mediterranean food and baked goods. Great vegetarian and vegan options.
- Crook’s Corner: Southern comfort food with an artsy, vintage atmosphere
- Weaver Street Market: Local co-op with hot food and salad bars