The 23rd Annual National Center for AIDS Research Meeting will be hosted by UNC CFAR in Chapel Hill, NC
Date: November 5 – 8, 2019
Accommodations for this meeting will be located at the Carolina Inn, a historic hotel located adjacent to campus at 211 Pittsboro St, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
To and from the airport:
- Bus: GoTriangle connects UNC to RDU Airport via connecting routes 100 and 800. Click here for bus schedules.
- Taxi: Please click here for more information.
- Chapel Hill Transit provides free bus services on and off campus. Route information can be found here and on Google Maps.
- Public transit in neighboring cities are not free. See GoDurham, GoRaleigh, and GoTriangle for more information.
Things to do
Events and Entertainment:
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- North Carolina Collection Gallery in Wilson Library
- The Carolina Basketball Museum
- North Carolina Botanical Gardens
- Ackland Art Museum
- Lantern: Asian-influenced fare made with locally-sourced ingredients
- Oakleaf: Locally-sourced New American cuisine in a sophisticated setting
- Il Palio: Four Diamond AAA-ranked Italian, located inside the Siena Hotel
- Mediterranean Deli: Quick, authentic Mediterranean food and baked goods. Great vegetarian and vegan options.
- Crook’s Corner: Southern comfort food with an artsy, vintage atmosphere
- Weaver Street Market: Local co-op with hot food and salad bars