November 3-4, 2016 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
5039 Airport Center Pkwy, Bldg K, Charlotte, NC
Taught by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Motivational Interviewing (MI) expert, Steve Bradley-Bull, MEd, LPC, in collaboration with the Charlotte Area Health Education Center (AHEC), this workshop will focus on learning the fundamentals of MI and how to apply it in a variety of health care settings and with diverse individuals.
– Discuss behavior change and become familiar with recognizing “change talk”
– Gain knowledge about Motivational Interviewing – What is Motivational Interviewing? / Where does it come from? / Does it work (evidence base)?
– Learn specific Motivational Interviewing skills and review the 4 processes of Motivational Interviewing.
– Observe and practice Motivational Interviewing skills.
– Provide additional resources for future learning.
For more information on MI at UNC, please visit our MI blog.