Developmental Microgrant RFA
The UNC CFAR Developmental Core is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity meant to address emergent research barriers and needs experienced by CFAR Early Stage Investigators (ESIs), international or NC HBCU ESIs with a strong connection to a UNC CFAR institution, and established investigators new to HIV.
Developmental Microgrant Awards have a rolling deadline and may provide a one-time Award of up to $5,000. Requests should be limited to critical needs for which no other support is available, and may focus on research or career development. Examples of eligible requests include:
- Travel or other expenses to facilitate work with non-local collaborators
- Support for targeted data analysis to strengthen an initial NIH application or resubmission
- Targeted auxiliary funding to CFAR Awardees to support open-source publication costs for ESI Developmental Award research
- Conference attendance costs or printing of posters for disseminating ESI Developmental Award research results
- Workshop attendance for methodology, mentoring, etc.
- Research assistant support for analyses to strengthen an ESI NIH funding application
- Other funding needs upon discussion with the Developmental Core
UNC CFAR ESIs, international or NC HBCU ESIs with a strong connection to a UNC CFAR institution, and established investigators new to HIV at a UNC CFAR institution
One-time Award of up to $5,000
Due to requirements for NIH review, these microgrants are not intended to support the following:
- adding new international sites to currently funded research
- additions or modifications to specific aims of currently funded international research
- additions or modifications to specific aims of currently funded research among NIH-defined vulnerable populations